Website for international school graduation
A Website For Virtual Graduations
Since 2019, Covid changed our world, and more specifically student graduations. Families could no longer attend, and so graduation had to be brought to them.Visit Website ➞
The International School of Amsterdam is a premiere IB (International Baccalaureate) school in The Netherlands. They host great events but due to Covid they were forced to cancel their on-site student graduation that families attended. They needed a last minute solution for their graduation as they had less than 1 month to prepare.
It was my job to help them:
- Develop a platform to host a live virtual graduation
- Give them guidance on implementing some designs they wanted
- Help streamline a process of collecting materials (videos, pictures, bios) of each student
- Provide access to materials like school branded graduation materials, pages for students, and photos and recordings of events
My game plan was to build a website and make it easy for the school's staff to load the graduation content. I decided to build the site with Squarespace because they had some experience with it already and it is quite easy for someone to jump in and start adding new content.
I decided to:
- Build website using their brand guidelines
- Create a simple user experience for staff to upload content to the website
- Develop multiple types of pages to house graduation materials that could be used during the celebration and afterward
- Manage all the IT demands (domain, hosting, software integrations, .etc) so that the school's IT department didn't have to get involved
After a 10-day website sprint, we had a website foundation that was ready for the staff to insert the content.
The virtual graduation was a big success. Families worldwide could cheer on and it felt like a triumph over the Covid lockdowns.
- Already 2 successful graduations and counting!
- Families really enjoyed celebrating this special moment
- The virtual graduation website has now become a new addition to paper yearbooks. More discussion will be built on this topic
- The communications team found it very easy to update the site
"Mike is a superhero."
We hired Webodew because I wanted Mike to guide our communication team to developing the website materials and know that he has a strong work ethic.